<1>Research institute and research department reporting website
(1) Reporting of establishing researchinstitute and research department shall be made online through “KoreaIndustrial Technology Association” website from 2011.
<2>Checklist for each research fields
(1) Service field is divided intoscience technology field and knowledge service field.
(2) Onthe website, there is a confirmation list of knowledge service area, and thecorresponding industry category is listed with the reference expense ratio code
(3) Theindustry which is not listed on the knowledge service sector is a science andtechnology sector.
(4) The science and technologysector is mostly manufacturing / construction industry.
(5) Among knowledge service area,only software development and supply service industry and information serviceindustry can choose between research institute or research department. However,other industries can establish only research institutes.
(6) Science technology sector canchoose to establish between research institute and research department.
<3>Reporting Criteria of newly established research institute/department
(1) Physical criteria
①independent research space
l Walls should be separate to divide each space into independentworking space with separate door.
l Size of the area shall be adequate size for researcher to implementresearch and development procedure.
l In case the company’s size is not large enough to spare independentspace for research space, small sized (exclusive area of less than 30 squaremeters) research space be operated with partition plate and sign board whichnotifies “research center”.
② Research equipment
l Research equipment shall be located within researchinstitution/department which is only used for research and development processby designated members.
(2) Human resource requirements
① Researchinstitute for small companies
l There shall be at least 3 researchers. (There can be 2 researchersup to 3 years from the company’s establishment day)
l In case of a small company with less than 3 years of operation, therepresentative director can be registered as researcher, if he or she satisfiesthe researcher requirements, however, if company’s operation exceeds 3 years,the representative director shall not be registered as a researcher andresearch institute can be sustained when 3 research personnel is registered.
l Audit member cannot be registered as researcher.
② Research department
l Regardless of the size of the company, there has to be at least oneresearcher.
(3) Requirements of researcher
① For smalland medium sized companies
l A bachelor's degree in natural sciences who has more than 2 years ofresearch experience
l Technology engineer categorized by the National Technical QualificationsAct and has more than 2 years of research experience.
l As a Meister High school graduate or Special-purpose high schoolgraduate with over 4 years of research experience.
l In case of certification holder, research experience of relatedfield has to be over 4 years.
② When designating industrial design field and knowledge service field as mainbusiness area
l Researcher can be majoring in other than natural science..
l Researcher has to be majoring in field which is related to theresearch or has to be over 1 year of research experience in the field.
③ Science andtechnology field researcher shall hold bachelor’s degree in natural sciences.However, in case of knowledge service sector, researcher can satisfy thecriteria by holding over 1 year of working experience. (working experience isnot limited to research sector)
④Researcher, research assistant shall be an in-house position and only in chargeof research institution/department’s role. (Lead researcher can have a sidelinejob, but researcher cannot have sideline job)
l There shall be additional departments other than researchinstitutions/departments and there shall be at least 1 regular employee.
l Small sized companies refer to companies designated by appendix 3 ofEnforcement Decree of the fr